Crispy Quinoa and Bean Patties
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes and kale (from quinoa, kale and pesto recipe)
- 1 15.5 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan (about 2 ounces)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 T olive oil, plus more if necessary
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1. In a medium bowl, mash the beans with a fork. Add the quinoa, sweet potatoes and kale, eggs, parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mix to combine. Dividing evenly, form the mixture into 12 3 inch patties.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, cook the patties until browned and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side (adding more oil if necessary).
3. In large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the greens and tomatoes and toss to combine. Serve with the quinoa and bean patties.