- 4 portabella mushrooms rinsed, with
- stems removed
- 4 ounces pepperoni or sausage
- 8 ounces tomatoes crushed
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion chopped, sauteed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat olive oil in pan, add garlic and saute until lightly brown. Add tomatoes and oregano, simmer. Add salt and pepper.
After mushrooms are trimmed and rinsed, place bottom up on a baking sheet. Add sauce mixture, onion, meat and cheese and bake for about 15 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
This recipe yields 4 appetizer servings.