GARLIC AND HERB STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Recipe By : SOUTHERN LIVING
- Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Poultry
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts -- (6 oz.)
- 1 container light buttery garlic and herb spreadable -- cheese (8oz.)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat cracke crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
PLACE chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap, and flatten to a 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
SPREAD cheese evenly over 1 side of each chicken breast. Fold short ends of each chicken breast over center, covering cheese, and secure with wooden picks.
WHISK together egg whites and buttermilk in a small bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg white mixture, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
COOK chicken breasts in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken breasts are browned. Place chicken on a wire rack and place the wire rack in a jelly roll pan.
BAKE at 400 for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of chicken breast registers 170.
You'll also love
- Spinach Artichoke Dip in a crock... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crockpot pork chops supreme 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asian Greens with Garlic, Ginger... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Crispy Chicken Thighs... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey-Buttered Grilled Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Lemon Chicken Breast... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Breasts With... 0/5 (0 Votes)