Pepper Steak With Crimini And Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 1/4 pounds beef round or flank steak
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mixed pepper blend - (to 3) (or ground black pepper)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 12 ounces crimini mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 3 3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped garlic
- 1 pound zucchini halved lengthwise, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms cleaned, and stems removed - (abt 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
Cut beef diagonally, across grain, into thin slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper blend. In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add beef in two batches; cook and stir just until browned, about 5 minutes; remove and keep warm.
In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add crimini mushrooms and the garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
In small cup, combine 1/4 cup of the broth with the flour. Stir into skillet along with remaining 3/4 cup broth; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in oyster mushrooms, tomatoes and beef; cook only until hot. Serve over steamed rice or noodles, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Oyster Mushrooms And Trout 0/5 (0 Votes)