Oyster Mushrooms, Shiitake, White Button, Hon Shimeji Ragout
- 6 shallots chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms
- 8 ounces hon shimeji mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 tspn dried thyme)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
Saute shallots and garlic in the butter until soft. Add mushrooms and olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes until soft and most liquid evaporates. Add wine, broth, thyme, salt and pepper and stir. In small bowl stir in cream and a flour until smooth. Add to mushrooms and cook until thickened.
This wonderful ragout is simple and delicious and can be used as a pasta topper, for crostini bread, or as a stuffer or topping for meats.
This recipe yields 4 cups.
You'll also love
- Oyster Mushroom Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)