Oyster Mushrooms And Trout
- 4 trout fillets - (6 oz ea)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large pan, heat oil and shallots over medium-high heat. Cover, cook until shallot is tender. Add mushrooms. Continue cooking covered until mushrooms are soft.
Add soy sauce, sherry, and water. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Season with pepper and salt if desired. Set aside.
Sauté trout, flesh-side down over medium heat in lightly oiled pan 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook until trout is opaque (about 3 minutes). Serve with warm mushroom sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.