Noodles With Shiitake Mushrooms, Tomatoes And Rosemary
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound tomatoes peeled and seeded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (or 1/2 tspn dried rosemary)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound wide egg noodles
- Minced parsley for garnish
Wipe shiitake caps clean. Slice stems thin and combine with vermouth and water in a pan. Cover and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
Cut tomatoes in 1/4-inch wide strips and 2 inches long. Slice shiitake caps the same.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss for 1 minute over moderate heat. Add stems and liquid, tomatoes and caps; toss gently over medium heat until tomatoes and mushrooms soften and thicken a bit, about 5 minutes.
As sauce finishes, boil noodles until just tender and drain. Toss with remaining tablespoon of oil in a hot pan. Pour in sauce over all. Add salt and pepper, parsley and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Mushrooms Kathleen 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Enoki-Stuffed Zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whole Fish Baked In Tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broken Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- P. F. Chang's Garlic Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse's Tangy Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)