Mushroom Salad With Tarragon Cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Coarse salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound domestic mushrooms thinly sliced
- Butter lettuce or Belgian endive
- 1/2 red bell pepper slivered
In bowl whisk mayonnaise with vinegar and mustard. Stir in tarragon, salt, and pepper to taste. Add mushrooms and toss to coat.
Divide lettuce leaves among 6 plates. Mound mushroom mixture on leaves and garnish with pepper slivers.
This recipe yields 6 servings.