Mushroom Beef Stir-Fry
- 2 ounces sirloin tip steak thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon finely-grated fresh ginger (or 1/4 tspn ground ginger)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mushroom soy sauce (or regular soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced King Oyster mushrooms - (abt 1 oz)
- 3 ears baby corn - (abt 2 oz) (or bell peppers, yellow squash, or carrots, cut on the diagonal)
- 6 snow peas - (1 oz)
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
In a small bowl, combine the beef strips, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and the red pepper flakes. Let stand for 1 hour at room temperature or refrigerate overnight.
In a medium skillet over moderately-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
In a small cup, dilute the cornstarch in the beef broth. Add beef to skillet and cook over moderately-high heat about 3 minutes. Stir in beef broth and vegetables and cook 2 to 3 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly. Serve over rice.
This recipe yields 1 four-ounce serving.