Mixed Mushrooms With Pork
- 1 pound fresh portabella and/or fresh shiitake mushrooms cleaned
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut 2" pieces
- 2 large sweet red or yellow bell peppers cut 2" pieces
- 1 medium onion cut 1" pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tspn dried thyme, crushed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (or additional water)
Trim portabellas and cut into large pieces; remove shiitake stems and cut caps into halves; reserve.
In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook and stir until it loses its pink color, 8 to 9 minutes; remove to plate and keep warm.
To skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, peppers, onion and prepared mushrooms. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
In small bowl, combine water, cornstarch, thyme, salt and pepper; stir into mushroom mixture along with wine. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until sauce is clear and slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
Return pork to skillet; cook only until hot. If desired, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve over noodles.
This recipe yields 4 servings.