Mixed Mushroom Salad
- 3 bunches watercress, arugula, or frisee
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces oyster, shiitake (caps only), and domestic mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Lemon juice to taste
Wash and dry greens and trim stems. Break into large pieces and place in bowl with onion slices.
In small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, 4 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in medium skillet over high heat. Saute mushrooms with salt, just to wilt, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with lemon juice. Arrange green salad on serving plates. Scatter mushrooms over top and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Marinated Wild Rice With Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)