Meat Loaves With Mushroom Sauce
- MEAT LOAVES:
- 2 pounds ground lean beef
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped - (abt 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 package dry vegetable soup mix - (1.4 oz)
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can ready-to-serve beef broth - (14 oz)
- 1/2 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare Meat Loaves: In large bowl, combine beef, 8 ounces mushrooms, the vegetable soup mix, bread crumbs, milk and egg until well combined. Form into two loaves, 7- by 5-inches each. Place loaves in shallow baking pan with rack. Bake for 45 minutes.
About 15 minutes before loaves are done, prepare Mushroom Sauce: In small bowl, combine milk and cornstarch; set aside.
In large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add 8 ounces mushrooms and the onion; cook and stir over moderate heat until mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in beef broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir cornstarch mixture into mushroom mixture in skillet. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
Slice loaves and serve with mushroom sauce.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- London Broil With Fresh Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)