Rigatoni with Sausage & Kale
- 2 cup(s) uncooked rigatoni
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste, for cooking pasta
- 8 oz uncooked turkey sausage(s), sweet Italian variety
- 4 cup(s) uncooked kale, roughly chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano recommended
Cook rigatoni in salted water according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, remove sausage from casing and cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking up sausage as it cooks, about 3 minutes. Add kale; cook, stirring frequently, until limp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add broth to skillet and scrape up browned bits on bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon; season with salt and pepper. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low; cook until kale is tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in rigatoni; heat through.
Sprinkle each serving with about 2 tablespoons of cheese before serving. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
8 points per serving
You'll also love
- Cauliflower rice 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Peach Cobbler with Vanilla... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Hoisin Pork with Rice Noodles 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Eggo Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwich 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Corn Tortillas 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pesto Pasta &Tortellini Salad 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- MACARONI NOT CHEESE 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Paleo Grilled Sweet Potato and... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)