Hot And Sour Soup
- 6 large shiitake mushrooms - (to 8)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 single chicken breast skinned, boned, and minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped bamboo shoots
- 1 teaspoon firm (Chinese style) tofu cut into cubes
- 1 handful oyster mushrooms cut into strips
- 1/2 pound enoki mushrooms
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
In a large pot, bring broth to a simmer and add chicken, ginger and bamboo shoots. Stir tofu into the soup. Slice shiitake and add with oyster mushrooms to broth. Add half the enoki mushrooms and chopped green vegetables.
Dissolve cornstarch in water and slowly stir into the soup. Remove from heat adding the egg, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and seasonings. Top with remaining enoki mushrooms.
This recipe yields ?? servings.