Chicken and corn soup
Add this hearty chicken and corn soup recipe to your repertoire for a quick, delicious and healthy meal.
- 20 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and sliced
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 x 420g cans creamed corn
- 2 x 125g cans corn kernels, drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander leaves
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from taste.com.au
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the stock, creamed corn, corn kernels and sugar. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is very tender and youâ€™re happy with the consistency. Remove from the heat and stir through the sour cream, salt and pepper. Top with the coriander and serve.
Feel free to leave out sugar and sour cream for a low cal meal.