Smoky bacon and earthy mushrooms complement tender scallops in an appetizer that's ready in 25 minutes.
Look for precooked bacon in the meat department of the grocery store. It gets nice and crispy when baked.
If small portabella mushrooms are not available, 1 1/2- to 2-inch white mushrooms will work fine.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 14 bay scallops (1/4 to 1/3 lb)
- 14 baby portabella mushrooms (1 1/2 to 2 inches), stems removed
- 14 slices packaged precooked bacon (from 2.1-oz package)
- Fresh orange curls, if desired
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Heat oven to 425°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking parchment paper. In medium bowl, mix orange juice, brown sugar, orange peel, ginger and garlic. Add scallops; toss to coat.
Place 1 scallop in each mushroom cap. Wrap each with 1 bacon slice, enclosing scallop. Secure with toothpick. Dip in orange juice mixture; place in pan.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and scallops are opaque. If desired, replace each toothpick with 4-inch wooden skewer.
You'll also love
- Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Seafood Risotto 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Frozen Strawberry dessert 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- New Orleans-Style Crawfish... 3.8/5 (54 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Mushroom and Brie... 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Chicken - Parmesan Chicken with... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Honey Sesame Shrimp 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Bay Scallop Chowder 4.3/5 (12 Votes)