Peaches add sweet, mellow roundness to traditional lemonade for a refreshing summertime beverage. Stir in white rum or bourbon for the grown-ups.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 4 cups ice
- 1 peach, pitted and cut into 8 wedges
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes.
Place peach mixture in a blender; let stand for 20 minutes.
Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender.
Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into a large bowl.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Press peach mixture through a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids.
Stir in lemon juice.
Place 1/2 cup ice in each of 8 glasses.
Pour about 2/3 cup lemonade into each glass; garnish each glass with 1 peach wedge.
You'll also love
- CAKE - Banana Carrot Cake Cupcakes... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Raspberry Zinger Cake 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Vanilla Pudding with... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Peaches-and-Cream Refrigerator... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Mini Peach Cobbler 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Orange White Chocolate Bark with... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Luscious Lemon Delight 4.3/5 (22 Votes)