Grilled Caribbean Shrimp And Mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup dry couscous
- 1 cup thinly-sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter - (1/2 stick)
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean or Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ears corn husked, halved
Preheat rack for outdoor grill until hot or oven to 425 degrees.
On work surface place 4 sheets (each about 20 inches long) of heavy duty or doubled aluminum foil. In center of each piece of foil arrange generous 1/2 cup mushrooms, overlapping slightly; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons couscous. Top each with onion, pepper, shrimp and wine, dividing evenly. Divide butter, jerk seasoning, garlic and salt over portions. Arrange remaining mushrooms over shrimp, overlapping slightly; place 1/2 ear of corn on side.
Bring long sides of foil together over mixture, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion; fold to seal. Fold up short ends; crimp to seal. Place on outdoor grill or in oven. Cook until shrimp are done (on grill for about 15 minutes, turning once, or in oven for about 20 minutes).
Place in individual shallow serving bowls; carefully unfold foil; serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)