- 8 ears corn, shucked
- 6 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped*
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush corn with a little olive oil. Grill corn until lightly browned, turning often to cook evenly; cool. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs.
2. Toss corn with tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, vinegar, and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss and marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving. Bring to room temperature to serve. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen•Tip *Hot chile peppers, such as jalapenos, contain oils that can burn skin and eyes. Avoid direct contact as much as possible. Wear plastic gloves. If using bare hands, wash hands well with soap and water.