Coq Au Vin
- 7 slices chopped bacon - (abt 1/2 cup)
- 1 package frozen baby carrots - (10 oz) thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves - (abt 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tspn dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 12 ounces small whole mushrooms cleaned, trimmed (or medium-sized, halved)
In large skillet, over high heat, cook bacon, carrots and onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Push vegetable mixture to one side.
Add chicken; brown 3 minutes on each side. Stir in flour, thyme, salt, pepper and sugar until well mixed.
Pour in wine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms. Cover; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This recipe yields 4 servings.