Chilled Mushroom And Green Bean Salad
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups sliced fresh King Oyster mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Tomato wedges for garnish
Cut beans in 1 1/2-inch lengths. Place beans and mushrooms in a 2-quart microwave-safe dish. Add 3 tablespoons water, cover and microwave on high power 5 to 6 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp, stirring halfway through cooking. Drain; fill dish with ice water to stop further cooking, set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the shallots, mayonnaise, lemon juice, oil and mustard; mix well. Drain beans and mushrooms; pour dressing on. Add red pepper and basil. Toss to coat; cover and chill several hours.
At serving time, season with pepper. Serve salad garnished with tomato wedges or additional chopped red pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.