Chicken With Mushroom Marsala Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves - (abt 6 oz ea)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound mixed fresh white and crimini mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Marsala wine (or other red wine)
- 1 cup chicken broth
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; lightly coat both sides with flour. In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 2 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in Marsala and chicken broth. Return chicken breasts to pan; simmer, covered, until no pink remains in center, 10 to 12 minutes.
Serve with cooked pasta, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.