Chicken Orzo Salad
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 10 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 3 cups)
- 3 cups cooked chicken in chunks
- 1 cup chopped sweet red bell pepper - (abt 1 med)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tspn dried thyme, crushed)
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked orzo (or other small pasta)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups arugula rinsed, crisped (or other salad greens)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 7 minutes. In medium-sized bowl, combine mushrooms with chicken and bell pepper.
In small bowl, stir together lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, garlic, salt, black pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss half of dressing with mushroom-chicken mixture.
In large bowl toss orzo with feta and remaining dressing until well coated.
Arrange arugula around edge of serving platter. Spoon orzo into center of platter; top with mushroom-chicken mixture. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Creamy Orzo with Asparagus &... 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- Asparagus Orzo Salad 4.5/5 (61 Votes)