- 2 pounds pitted apricots (about 10), halved (or about 8 pitted peaches, cut into eighths)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. salt kosher salt
- 12 ounces raspberries (3 cups)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. buttermilk, divided
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Adapted from oprah.com
Preheat oven to 375° with a rack in center of oven and another in lower third. In a medium bowl, toss apricots with ½ cup sugar, cornstarch and a pinch of salt. Fold in raspberries. Set mixture aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Rub butter into flour mixture with your fingers until it resembles coarse meal. Stir ¾ cup buttermilk into flour mixture just until combined.
Spread apricot mixture in an 8" square (or 11" × 7") baking dish. Using ¼ cup dough for each, shape dough into 9 biscuits, spacing evenly over fruit. Flatten biscuits slightly, brush with 2 Tbsp. buttermilk and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. sugar.
Place dish on center rack. Bake for 50 minutes, or until biscuits are golden and juices are bubbling. Cool cobbler on a wire rack at least 15 minutes, and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.