Chicken Breasts With Garden Vegetables, Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms stems removed, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 chicken breasts boned, trimmed
- 1/2 cup julienned green zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienned yellow squash
- 16 thin strips red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter sliced thin
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Saute garlic, onion and shiitake mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter for 3 minutes and let cool.
Place chicken on a large piece of tin foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with mushrooms, then green zucchini, yellow squash, and red pepper. Lightly salt and pepper vegetables.
Lay butter pats over the vegetable topped chicken. Tightly fold the tin foil to ensure the juices will not leak out. Place on a baking sheet at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.