Chicken And Vegetables With Pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and halved - (abt 7 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can pink beans - (15 1/2 oz) rinsed, drained
- 1 can ready-to-serve chicken broth - (14 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets - (16 oz) thawed
- 2 cups cooked chicken pieces
- 6 cups rotelli, radiatori, or other short pasta - (abt 12 oz)
In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Mash 1/2 cup of beans; stir into mushroom mixture, along with whole beans, broth and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered to blend flavors, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli and chicken; heat until hot, about 1 minute.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir mushroom mixture into pasta. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.