Andre Black's carrot cake
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup +2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups +1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
Beat eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil on high for 3 to 5 minutes. Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, and soda, and add slowly one third at a time. Fold in coconut, carrots, pineapple, walnuts, and raisins one at a time.
Pour into pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Cake is done when knife comes out clean.