Ziti With Chinese Sausage And Oyster Mushrooms
- 4 ounces ziti
- 3 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 Chinese sausage links thinly sliced (available in Asian markets)
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame oil
- 1 bunch scallions sliced 1" pieces (white part and 1" into dark green)
- 1/2 pound fresh oyster mushrooms cleaned, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Chinese oyster sauce
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the ziti, stir, and cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
While the ziti is cooking, heat the peanut oil in a large saute pan or wok. Add the sausage and saute until some of the fat in the sausage begins to blend with the peanut oil, about 3 minutes. Add the sesame oil, then add the scallions and saute for 30 seconds. Stir in the mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes, until the mushrooms go limp. Add the oyster sauce and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
Drain the ziti in a colander, pour into a bowl, add the mushroom mixture, and mix. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Suggested wine: Heitz Gringnolino
You'll also love
- Wild Mushroom Caviar On A Potato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Chanterelles With Red Pepper... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Soup With Rosemary And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rice Noodles With Chanterelles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pennsylvania Pasta With Crimini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne With Artichokes, Enoki... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine With Mushrooms And A... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Veal Scaloppine With Enokis 0/5 (0 Votes)