Wild Mushroom Caviar On A Potato Waffle Crisp
- 1 potato peeled
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms finely diced
- 3 ounces crimini mushrooms finely diced
- 3 ounces morel mushrooms finely diced
- 1 medium red onion finely diced
- 1 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces sweet white wine
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Red or orange colored roe for garnish
Preparing Potato Crisp: Fill medium-sized pot 1/2 way with cooking oil, place on high flame.
Use mandolin to slice potatoes with waffle cutting blade, turning 90 degrees each cut for waffle cut effect. Fry sliced potatoes golden brown.
Preparing the Mushroom Caviar: Finely dice the mushroom medley (3 varieties) and the red onion(separately). End product should be diced as fine as caviar.
In heated pan, add olive oil and onions. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add diced mushrooms for 5 additional minutes. Reduce with white wine.
Add molasses, giving the mixture additional sweetness and shine, just like caviar.
This recipe yields ?? servings.