The slightly sweet, mildly spicy blend of nourishing ingredients takes a south-of-border sojourn, served in these easy, warm Sloppy Josés taco bowls. This hearty dish couldn’t be easier to make – a can of sauce, a can of beans, a can of Mexican-style corn and cooked ground beef. It’s the same high-protein, one-skillet meal kids love, but served with a little Mexican twist.
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 cup canned, red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
- 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas, heated according to package directions, kept warm
- 3/4 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely diced tomato
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 10mins
Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, chopping and turning often, about 5 minutes, until beef is cooked through. Add the sloppy joe sauce, kidney beans, and corn and heat through, about 3 minutes.
To serve, place a tortilla in a small soup bowl and ladle half cup of the Sloppy José mixture in the center. Top with shredded lettuce and chopped tomato.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 200; Total fat 3.5g; Saturated fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 470mg; Carbohydrate 26g; Fiber 5g; Protein 17g; Vitamin A 15%DV*; Vitamin C 6%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 15%DV