Stir-Fried Tofu With Mushrooms And Scallions
- 4 tofu cakes
- 3 packages enoki mushrooms - (3.5 oz ea)
- 3 scallions
- 3 tablespoons finely-chopped Sichan pickles
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese mushroom sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or sherry
Cut each tofu cake into 4 to 6 pieces. Poach in boiling water for 2 minutes. Lift them out with a slotted spoon, drain and place on a serving dish.
Cut 1/2 inch of stem off enoki and cut spring onions into 1/4-inch diagonal sections.
Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. When hot, add mushrooms, spring onions and pickles. Stir over medium heat for 1/2 minute.
Add all the sauces, stock, the mushroom and sauce over the tofu on the serving plate. Toss them lightly together and serve.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.