Scallops With Mushroom Sauce
- 8 scallops
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 egg yolk
- Breadcrumbs as needed
- Butter as needed
- White wine as needed
- Cornflour as needed
- Garlic to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Thyme to taste
Roll the scallops in breadcrumbs and then lightly fry in vegetable oil for 4 minutes. Clean the mushrooms, chop them into small pieces and fry in butter for 4 minutes. Drain off the juices and put the mushrooms aside.
Now, make a paste with cornflour and the juices, flavour it with pepper and salt and as it thickens, add a little wine to flavour, keeping it at a smooth consistency. Add the lightly beaten egg yolk and cook for 4 minutes. Return the mushrooms to the sauce and heat for a further 4 minutes.
Place the cooked scallops on the scallop shells and surround them with sauce. Add ground black pepper and sprinkle on a little chopped thyme, then grill for about 4 minutes and serve bubbling hot.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)