Best Danged Beef Pot Roast
this sounds very simple and tender. Searing makes a HUGE difference.
- Best Danged Beef Pot Roast ~ Crock Pot
- Small to medium size rump roast
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 individual size serving apple sauce
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small bag sliced carrots
- 2 medium to large size potatoes, cut up
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
Adapted from whenthedinnerbellrings.blogspot.com
Sear the roast in frying pan with small amount of oil. Sear it well on all sides.
Put roast, then vegetables in crock pot. Mix envelope mixes with water and applesauce, then pour over all.
Set crock pot on low and let it cook for at least 8-10 hours. I let mine cook for about 14 hours. The gravy came out really thick and good, meat was falling apart, and all the veggies were super tender. The applesauce adds a certain something that really makes a huge difference!
If you'd rather use this recipe to make stew, simply cut the roast into bite size pieces, then sear in a frying pan the same as the roast. Or you can make the roast for one night, then cut up the leftover meat and mix it back in for stew.
This would also be delicious as leftovers served over noodles or rice.