- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil
- 24 fresh green peppercorns in brine
- 10 ripe plum tomatoes seeded, diced
- 1 can anchovy filets drained, chopped
- 20 crimini or stuffing mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups shredded edam cheese
- 1 small jar capers
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- Sliced fontina cheese
Heat oil. Add garlic, basil and coriander. Add peppercorns, saute 1 to 2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, simmer 3 minutes. Add 1/4 of the anchovies.
Trim off stems of mushrooms to the gills.
Add edam cheese and breadcrumbs to the tomato mixture. Fill mushrooms, place on lightly oiled tray.
Bake in hot oven, 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
Remove tray, place slice of fontina cheese on top of each mushroom. Place back in oven until bubbly and golden brown. Garnish with capers and serve.
This recipe yields ?? servings.