Penne With Artichokes, Enoki Mushrooms, Marinated Tomatoes
- 1 can artichoke hearts - (13 to 15 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 packages enoki mushrooms - (3.5 oz ea)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (from marinated tomatoes) divided
- 1/4 jar marinated dried tomatoes - (2 oz) drained, reserve oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta cooked, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
Drain artichokes and reserve liquid. Add enough water to make 1 cup liquid. Cut artichokes into quarters.
In a large skillet over medium-high temperature, heat, cook and stir the minced garlic and the 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil until the garlic is golden. Reduce heat to low.
Add artichokes and tomatoes, cook 1 minute. Stir in artichoke liquid, lemon juice, parsley, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in separate skillet, cook and stir bread crumbs, chopped garlic, and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Pour artichoke sauce over hot penne pasta in large bowl, toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture and cheese.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.4/5 (333 Votes)
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (111 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta 4.5/5 (86 Votes)
- Enoki-Stuffed Zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Enoki Mushroom Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Balsamic Eggplant With Oyster... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)