Penne With Artichokes, Enoki Mushrooms, Marinated Tomatoes
- 1 can artichoke hearts - (13 to 15 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 packages enoki mushrooms - (3.5 oz ea)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (from marinated tomatoes) divided
- 1/4 jar marinated dried tomatoes - (2 oz) drained, reserve oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta cooked, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
Drain artichokes and reserve liquid. Add enough water to make 1 cup liquid. Cut artichokes into quarters.
In a large skillet over medium-high temperature, heat, cook and stir the minced garlic and the 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil until the garlic is golden. Reduce heat to low.
Add artichokes and tomatoes, cook 1 minute. Stir in artichoke liquid, lemon juice, parsley, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in separate skillet, cook and stir bread crumbs, chopped garlic, and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Pour artichoke sauce over hot penne pasta in large bowl, toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture and cheese.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)