- 1 ounce extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 large portabella mushroom caps
- 2 red bell peppers cut julienne
- 1 ounce soy sauce
- 1 ounce rice wine vinegar
- 6 ounces prepared hoisin sauce
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 package Chinese-style pancakes (or soft flour tortillas)
- 1 bunch green onions julienne
- 6 ounces peanut sauce (for dipping)
Prepare Mushroom Mixture: In large saute pan, saute garlic until transparent. Add mushrooms and red peppers, stir often (about 6 minutes, until peppers are al dente).
Reduce mixture with soy and rice wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Add hoisin sauce to mixture. Cook mixture over low flame until sauce reduces, leaving thickly coated mushrooms and peppers. Can be prepared 24 hours in advance and warmed for service.
Assembling the hors d'oeuvre: Lay out flour pancake on cutting board. Using tongs, place mushroom mixture in the center of pancake. Top mushroom mixture with green onions and roll in cigar shape. Rolls can be warmed in oven or microwave before service.
At service, slice the ends of each roll on an angle. Make 2 additional slices, on same angle, making 3 uniform pieces. Serve on platter with peanut sauce for dipping.
This recipe yields ?? servings.