Rigatoni with Sausage, Peas and Mushrooms
Country Living May 2012
- 1 1/4 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounce(s) rigatoni
- 12 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine, such as Bordeaux
- 1 whole(s) garlic clove
- 1 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- Thyme leaves, for garnish
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, simmer sausage and 1¼ cups water, turning sausage occasionally, for 10 minutes. Transfer sausage to a cutting board and slice into 1/4-inch-thick coins. Discard water. In same skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage, 3 to 4 minutes per side; transfer to a plate. Set aside sausage and skillet with fat.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook rigatoni following package instructions. Drain, reserving ⅓ cup pasta water. Set both aside.
3. In same skillet with reserved fat, cook mushrooms over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add wine, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add garlic, thyme sprig, and reserved sausage to pan and stir. Add reserved pasta water and peas; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and simmer until mixture thickens, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove thyme sprig and garlic. Stir in butter and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
4. Add reserved rigatoni to skillet. Stir to coat with cream sauce and heat through, 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with thyme leaves.
You'll also love
- Raspberry pretzel salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Casserole 3 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green and White pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duckey Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce Crock... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinated mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus and Tomato Penne... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage Gravy and Biscuits 0/5 (0 Votes)