- 2 teaspoons salt-free Mexican or Southwest seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium burrito seasoning or taco seasoning
- 1 1/4 pounds pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, visible fat removed
- olive oil spray
- 1 1/4 cups canned traditional mild enchilada sauce
- 1 cup canned medium green chile enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. (about 2 cups) finely shredded Cabot's 75% Light Cheddar cheese, or your favorite low-fat Cheddar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced drained black olives
- 3 tablespoons canned, drained, and chopped green chiles
- 8 6-inch white or yellow corn tortillas
Preheat a grill to high. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Mix the Mexican seasoning and burrito seasoning in a small bowl. Rub the mixture evenly over the chicken breasts to cover them. Lightly mist both sides of the breasts with spray. Let stand for 10 minutes, and then place the breasts side by side on the grill. Turn the heat to medium, if possible, and grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until no longer pink inside. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the enchilada sauces in a medium bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside.
Mix the cheese, cilantro, olives, and chiles in a second medium bowl. Set aside.
Coarsely chop the chicken breasts.
Cut or tear each tortilla into about 9 roughly even pieces.
Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of an 8 X 8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Cover the sauce evenly with about a third of the tortilla pieces. Then sprinkle about half of the chicken over them. Pour about 2/3 cup of the sauce evenly over that. Then sprinkle a third of the cheese mixture over that.
Repeat layering with half of the remaining tortillas, the remaining chicken, 2/3 cup of sauce, then half of the remaining cheese mixture. Follow that with another layer of the tortillas, then the remaining sauce, then the remaining cheese mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Then remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into 4 or 8 pieces and serve immediately.