Reboot - Meal - Squash & Apple Soup
- 1 Acorn or Butternut Squash
- 2 Apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 sm Onion (diced)
- 2 Carrots (washed, peeled and diced)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 qts organic Vegetable Broth (or make your own)
Adapted from rebootwithjoe.com
Roast squash: Cut squash in half, and remove seeds. Place flesh
side down in baking dish with 1-2 cups water. Cook at 450
degrees for 40-50 minutes until flesh is bright orange and soft.
Sauté onion and carrot in olive oil for 5 minutes until onion is
clear. Add broth and apple, simmer for 10 minutes until apple is
soft. Add squash (remove skin) and puree in blender or use hand
blender. Add pepper to taste, Enjoy!