Hearty Ham Casserole
- 2 cups potatoes (cubed)
- 2 cups ham (cooked, cubed)
- 15 1/4 oz can corn kernels (drained)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (finely minced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp onions (chopped)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 4 oz processed cheese (food shredded)
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
3 Combine potatoes, ham, corn and parsley; set aside. In a saucepan saute onion in butter for 2 minutes, stir in flour until blended well. Gradually add milk and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over the ham mixture. Stir to mix well.
4 Pour into greased 11x7 baking dish. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer until cheese melts.