Oyster Mushrooms With Okra
- 1 1/2 pounds oyster mushrooms
- 2 scallions, including greens finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 slice boiled ham, 1" thick chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced (1/2") okra
- 1 pinch dillweed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Wipe the mushrooms and check them carefully for beetles, then chop them into large bite-sized pieces. Saute the scallions in the oil over high heat, then add the other ingredients except the parsley. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Check the seasoning, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve with boiled rice.
This recipe yields 4 servings.