Tuna Tartare Granny Smith Apples | Fried Shallots | Marcona Almonds
- 1/2 lb. Sashimi Grade Ahi Tuna
- 1 ea. Granny Smith Apple (Small Dice)
- 1 ea. Granny Smith Apple (Julienne)
- 5 ea. Large Shallots
- 2 cloves Garlic (Fine Diced)
- 1 tsp. Ginger (Fine Diced)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon
- 1 tsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 ea. Egg Yolk
- 1/4 cup Green Onion (Chopped)
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Italian Parsley
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 pot Canola oil (350˚ F)
- 1/4 cup Marcona Almonds (Candied, Crushed)
- To taste Fleur De Sel
For the Tartare:
Remove all of the bloodline and sinew from tuna, dice and let sit under refrigeration 10 min. In a mixing bowl combine 2 shallots (fine diced), garlic, diced apple, ginger, Dijon, rice vinegar, sesame oil, egg yolk and green onion. Add tuna, mix and salt with fleur de sel to taste.
For the Apple Salad:
In a mixing bowl combine 1 shallot (fine diced), julienned apples, 1 tbsp.parsley (chopped fine) and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Salt to tast.
For the Fried Shallots:
Slice 2 shallots thin in rings. Dust in flour and shake to remove excess. Fry in canola oil until golden brown. Season with salt.
For the Pistou:
In a blender combine the remainder of the parsley and olive oil, 1 shallot (rough chopped) and lemon juice. Puree and salt to taste.
For the Balsamic Reduction:
In a small sauce pot, over medium heat, reduce balsamic vinegar by 1/2. Remove from heat and let cool to room temp.
You'll also love
- Watermelon and Cuc Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Z-Tomato-Zucchini Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Jingle Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean-Salmon Stir-Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon with Hoisin Glaze 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jim's Canadian Bacon and Pineapple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jim's Cold Tuna Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)