Grandma's Winter Fruit Medley
A delicious fruit salad served with a thickened fruit juice dressing.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup reserved fruit juices
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained, reserve juice
- 2 medium bananas, sliced 1/2-inch
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from landolakes.com
Stir together sugar and cornstarch in 1-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in fruit juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until dressing thickens and comes to a boil (3 to 6 minutes). Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Let stand 5 minutes.
Place fruit in large bowl. Pour dressing over fruit; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour.