Black Bean-Salmon Stir-Fry
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) black bean-garlic sauce , (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Shao Hsing rice wine or dry sherry , (see Note)
- 2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 pound(s) salmon, skinned (see Tip) and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounce(s) mung bean sprouts (6 cups)
- 1 bunch(es) scallions, sliced
1-Whisk water, vinegar, black bean-garlic sauce, rice wine (or sherry), cornstarch and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until combined.
2-Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook, stirring gently, for 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts, scallions and the sauce mixture (the pan will be full). Cook, stirring, until the sprouts are cooked down and very tender, 2 to 3 minutes.