Vanilla Rich Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 5 dozen or 30 (2 cookie) servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes per batch
Nutrition information: per serving (2 cookies)
Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrates: 33 g
Cholesterol: 35 mg
Sodium: 168 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 3 g
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnut
Adapted from mccormick.com
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
2. Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Cranberry, Macadamia & White Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon with the flour. Use 1 cup each dried cranberries, chopped toasted macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips in place of the semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts. Makes 6 dozen.
Coconut, Raisin & Pecan Cookies: Add 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon with the flour. Use 1 cup each flaked coconut, raisins and chopped toasted pecans in place of the semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts. Makes 5 dozen.
Coconut, Almond & Chocolate Chip Cookies: Use 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract in place of the vanilla. Use 1 cup each flaked coconut, toasted slivered almonds and semi-sweet chocolate chips in place of the 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts. Makes 5 dozen.