Sausage and Barley Soup
Calories: 145, Fat: 4g, Protein: 9.9g, Carb: 17.9g, Fiber: 2.6g, Chol: 33mg, Iron: 1.6mg, Sodium: 493mg
- Cooking spray
- 6 oz turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 1/2 cups frozen bell pepper stir-fry (such as Birds Eye)
- 2 cups water
- 1 - 14.5oz can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
Heat large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat.
While sausage cooks, place stir-fry and 2 cups water in a blender; process until smooth. Add stir-fry puree, tomatoes, and barley to sausage in pan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts.