Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
Mmmm, mmm the smell of the soy infused chicken cooking is like heaven to the senses. The chicken thighs were meltingly tender and the sauce was delicious over plain white rice. I love it when dinner can cook itself and I need to remember to use my crock pot more often.
- 12 chicken thighs, boneless skinless (about 3-pounds)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked long grain rice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 250mins
Adapted from lakelurecottagekitchen.blogspot.de
Place chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker.
In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened.
Serve with rice and enjoy!
You'll also love
- 60-Minute Dinner Rolls (Yes,fresh... 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Raspberry-Lemon Shortbread Tart 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Big, Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Deep Dish Sausage Quiche 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Bacon Cups! 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Overnight Apple-Cinnamon Steel-Cut... 4.6/5 (37 Votes)