HALIBUT, PEPPERS AND ONION WITH LEMON AND OREGANO
PointsPlus Value: 7
Yields 1 piece of fish, 2 pieces pepper, about 1/4 cup onion and 2 pita wedges per serving.
Cook the fish with the skin on so the fish does not fall apart, remove skin before serving.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds uncooked halibut fillets, four 6 ounce pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 large yellow pepper, quartered
- 1 medium uncooked red onion, sliced into 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick slices
- 4 sprays cooking spray
- 1 large pocket less pita
Preparation time 18mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a small bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, oregano, garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Put halibut on a plate and drizzle with 3 tablespoons lemon mixture, turn to coat and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Lightly coat bell peppers and onion with cooking spray, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Coat halibut with cooking spray. Place fish and vegetables on grill; cook until fish is just cooked through and vegetables are lightly charred, flipping everything once, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove fish and vegetables to a serving platter, separate onion into rings and drizzle everything with remaining lemon mixture.
Meanwhile, coat pita with cooking spray, grill until lightly marked, flipping once, about 1 minute per side. Remove from grill and cut into 8 wedges; serve with fish and vegetables.
You'll also love
- Spicy Tomato Beef & Kale 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Zippy Beef Bake Recipe 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Tapas: Sourdough Toasts with... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Springtime Asparagus, Strawberry,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Shrimp Montery 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chorizo, Chicken & Shrimp Faux... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spaghetti Casserole topped with... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- THREE CHEESE FRENCH ONION SOUP 4.7/5 (3 Votes)