If you like orange dreamsicles, then you will love this cake.
- 13 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 1/8 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 tbsp orange juice concentrate
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup 2% lowfat milk, plus 1 tsp
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- 8 oz neufachtel or cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz sifted powder sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- mandarin oranges
1) Preheat to 350 degrees
2) Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
3) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
4) Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
5) Combine 1 2/3 orange juice concentrate, water, milk, canola oil, vanilla and orange extract.
6) Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients, alternating each, to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition
7) Divide batter among two 9 inch greased cake pans and bake 30-35 minutes
8) Remove from oven and cool. *Make the frosting and frost cake when cooled.
9) Garnish cake with mandarin oranges.
1) Cream the cheese, powdered sugar and orange juice concentrate together until well blended.