Marinated Mushroom And Roasted Red Pepper Antipasti
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound crimini or button mushrooms washed, trimmed (slice or quarter large capped mushrooms)
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 roasted red pepper cut 1/2" strips
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a large saucepan, bring vinegar, water and salt to a boil. Stir in mushrooms, cover and simmer 6 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Strain liquid and thread mushroom and red pepper strips on decorative, toothpicks. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Time saving tip: Purchase jars or deli-made roasted red peppers, available at your local supermarket.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 appetizer servings.